Sunday, February 4, 2007

tournaments and taxes

So I'm watching the big game right now, and have to ask a question of the masses: does anyone else think that the ref is getting a little too into the signals for penalties? Maybe he's just excited to be there...

Anyway, on to what I came to post about. Yesterday I headed back down to Illinois to be in closer proximity to Sterling, where I participated in a sport shot bowling tournament with my buddy Matt, who found out about it being in much closer proximity to Sterling than I am. For those who don't really follow, bowling, which would be most anyone reading this, the "sport shot" is a very difficult oil pattern on the lane, which affects how the ball moves for higher averaging bowlers. While the field was small at this tounament - only 17 people total - I did well enough to make the cut to the top 8 after the four qualifying games, and wound up making 3rd place, and along with a couple side contests I'd put in for, made back $16 more than I paid to get in. Had a chance to take 2nd, but just barely missed a couple of spares which put me down a few pins. But I was quite pleased with my level of play, and look forward to finding more tournaments to enter.

I guess after a few years away from competitive bowling, I'm now itching to get back into it, though I do want to work on my game a bit more first.

In other news, I'm not looking forward to doing my taxes this year at all. Six months working two jobs in Illinois, six in Wisconsin, blech. I suppose I might pick up some software to deal with it all soon.

No comments: